- Homework packet goes home on Fridays starting August 19th.
- The Weekly Newsletter is always attached to the cover of the homework packet.
- Homework contains usually contains a reading passage, a CCSS skills pages, a math review page, and a list of the weekly spelling words and vocabulary that accompanies our weekly WONDERS story.
- HOMEWORK IS DUE THE FOLLOWING THURSDAY.
- Incentives to be responsible: Kids earn a Tiger Buck, 2 Live School pts., and the opportunity to stay in the monthly Lunch Club if their homework is turned in on Thursday.
EXTRA CREDIT for Reading
- Make flashcards for the weekly vocabulary words. Put the vocab word on one side and the definition of the word on the back.
- Turn in the flashcards with the homework packet on Thursday. I will return the flashcards that day so they can be used as a study tool for the weekly test.
- This extra credit earns the students up to 10 extra pts. at the end of the quarter, towards their reading grade.
EXTRA PTS. for Live School
- Do more than one spelling activity and earn an extra Live School pt. for each additional one you complete and turn in with your homework packet.
Monthly Reading Log
- Goes home at the beginning of each month (The first log will be for Aug./Sept. and go home with the first h/w packet.)
- Due the last day of the month
- graded based on total minutes read per month
- grade goes towards student's reading grade
Funny Videos on Education